tirsdag den 18. oktober 2011

The National museum Of American History


We went to the museum in D.C and it was really big. We saw things from the slave era such
as quotes they had said on the walls. One that really stood out to me was, " All I ever wanted was to be free". I thought it to be really touching. Also we saw clothes from the wars and a real plane that was actually used during that time. Another thing that was really interesting was the information they had
on previous presidents and their first ladies, as well as Barrack and Michelle Obama. They would have pictures of them at important         events in a glass case next
to the actual dresses. The dresses were gorgeous. As our class ventured more around the museum, we came across more quotes. One said, " We go westward as into the future, with a spirit of enterprise and adventure." by Henry David Thoreau.
Also, " Oh Freedom! Oh Freedom! Oh Freedom over me! And before I'd be a slave, I'll be buried in my grave and go home to my lord and be free." said by a traditional spiritual.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Bemærk! Kun medlemmer af denne blog kan sende kommentarer.