tirsdag den 18. oktober 2011

The Soccer Game


Tuesday evening I went to see my host, Gage, play a soccer match for his school team. When I got to the Hoggard Stadium I was met by his parents. We found our seats just when the players were announced.
The first difference I noticed between American and European soccer was the large number of players on each team. I wondered how they managed to get all players involved during the match. I figured it out when I saw them substituting four to five players each time. After ordinary time, 2x40 minutes, it was a draw 1-1. So I was getting ready to go, but apparently American school soccer goes to extra time in such a situation. So we had to wait for another twenty minutes. After the extra time they still had not found a winner, but instead of going to penalty shootout, they just call it a draw. Even though I found this kind of strange I still like American soccer (especially the enthusiastic soccer moms), and tonight I will be going to another match.

Written by Massi Peikar

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Bemærk! Kun medlemmer af denne blog kan sende kommentarer.